No-Fli & Ringwood Hotel and Spa Chesterfield
Replacement of dirty electric grid fly killers at Ringwood Hall
No-Fli were instructed by the management of Ringwood Hall to evaluate the number of zappers installed, the condition and to replace with the new No-Fli insect management system.
Maintenance at Ringwood hall had explained that they were fed up with the constant break downs of the zappers installed and that the plus zap brand of insect killer had only been there for 4 months and was not working. Although under guarantee it was the second time a break down had happened in 12 months and they were looking for a more sustainable, quality product. They had also explained not only how dirty the products were but how disgusting their walls had become whilst the products were in use.
Ringwood Hall Hotel and Spa
Sheffield Wednesday are a championship club based in the City of Sheffield. They have been in existence since 1867 and have a stadium that holds over 39000 people on a match day. The club cater for events outside of match days including weddings and parties.
The evaluation took part on the South stand of the Sheffield Wednesday football stadium. The kitchen preparation area, Match day serving areas and the hospitality areas were all evaluated.
Ringwood Hall Hotel and Spa
The evaluation took part at Ringwood hall and focussed on the kitchen preparation areas x 2 and a smaller preparation area in the Spa. Ringwood Hall Hotel & Spa is a beautiful 19th century manor house wedding venue set amongst 6 acres of formal award winning gardens, surrounded by 29 acres of parkland
The Existing equipment used
2 x electric grid units (zappers) 22w brand – Insectaclear from Bower Products
1 x electric grid units (zapper) 30w brand – Venus from Levante
1 x electric grid unit (zapper) 16w brand-plus zap from Pelsis
Condition of Existing products
No-Fli went to a site visit and established that the zapper products were not fit for purpose and had major flaws creating serious issues in health and hygiene. These included:
- Dead Flies had been blown out into the surrounding area where food was prepared cont.
- Fly debris stuck to the walls creating a totally unhygienic surface
- UV staining on the walls due to no protection from the UV Light
- Dead Flies stuck to the high voltage grid causing a fire hazard
- 3 units broken due to transformer issues
- A shallow insect collection tray with insufficient height and causing insects to be blown potentially into the food chain.
- Blown UV lamps which meant that the unit could not attract insects!
- Dead Flies and Fly body parts which had hit the high voltage grid and landed outside of the insect killer and potentially into food preparation areas.
The No-Fli Solution
No-Fli advised the maintenance management at Ringwood hall and discussed the health and safety issues surrounding the faulty and dirty “zappers” It was noted in our initial conversation that some of these products were constantly breaking and having to be replaced sometimes 3 times per year. On seeing the advantages of the No-Fli system combined with a Lifetime guarantee management issued a purchase order to replace the 5 “Zappers”
How it is now …
As you can see in the pictures, the No-Fli System has dramatically improved the look of the kitchen areas.
There were numerous benefits of fitting a no-fli insect management system into the professional kitchen areas of Ringwood Hall. Obviously the aesthetic looks of the product mean that it is a discreet flykiller. This means that flies cannot be seen on the product. However, all though aesthetics are important the major improvements noted by the management included:
- A 100% cleaner operation was noted over the previous “zappers” as insects were falling out onto the floor, dirty insect particles were splattered onto the back wall and underneath the trays. Insects had previously blown out of the trays too! Using No-Fli prevented all these issues as the insects are caught whole with no chance of “insect explosion” and ensures no insects can cause cross contamination.
- Using No-Fli also has helped maintain the product and ensures all boards and UV lamps are changed as directed. Management also welcomed the lifetime guarantee as an answer to the many faulty “zappers” previously purchased. It was also a massive advantage that if any fault did occur, No-Fli were on hand to solve immediately!
- The “zappers” had caused UV staining on the back walls and as using no-fli ensures that no – UV light escapes onto the walls this was completely solved.
- As no flies could “stick” to a grid no-fli eradicated the threat of fire which had previously blamed a fire from a “zapper” for causing £1million of damage at a similar style hotel in North Yorkshire.
- The “zappers” used an old fashioned “metal cage” design to prevent electrocution. No-Fli has an open design which allows more UV to be utilised this means that the No-Fli will catch more insects quicker making the Kitchen areas more hygienic.
- The management have been delighted with the simple maintenance of simply removing the board from the bottom of the no-fli unit and this has been met with much enthusiasm over emptying a dirty tray that often spills.
- No-Fli provided a number of insect killers that have improved the hygiene and aesthetics of the kitchens at Ringwood Hall. After previously spending a lot of money replacing the faulty “zappers” and expensive UV lamp spares continuously No-Fli have provided a service where the staff at Ringwood Hall have the consumable delivered exactly when needed and at a low cost.
Can No-Fli Help You?
Ringwood Hall is a fantastic Hotel and Spa! Unfortunately they had only a limited number of options when purchasing insect killers for their kitchens. Time and time again the example above is repeated all over the UK! No-Fli have replaced over 1000 imported zappers. No-Fli has improved the health and hygiene in hundreds and hundreds or food establishments all over the UK and we are always interested in our client’s needs. If you would like us to evaluate your premises please contact our no-fli care team and they will be delighted to discuss your needs on no pressure basis.